Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Journal of Comparative Madhahib and Thought is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Authors and readers may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, under the following terms:
- If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), You must:
- Retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
- identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to this Public License;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
- Indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
- Indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this Public License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this Public License.
- You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)(1) in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
- If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable.
- If You Share Adapted Material You produce, the Adapter's License You apply must not prevent recipients of the Adapted Material from complying with this Public License.
It means not primarily intended for or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation. For purposes of this Public License, the exchange of the Licensed Material for other material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights by digital file-sharing or similar means is Non-Commercial provided there is no payment of monetary compensation in connection with the exchange.
Authors can use their articles, in full or in part, for a wide range of scholarly, non-commercial purposes as outlined below:
- Use by an author in the author’s classroom teaching (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic)
- Distribution of copies (including through e-mail) to known research colleagues for their personal use (but not for Commercial Use)
- Inclusion in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially)
- Use in a subsequent compilation of the author’s works
- Extending the Article to book-length form
- Preparation of other derivative works (but not for Commercial Use)
- Otherwise using or re-using portions or excerpts in other works.
In all cases, the journal publisher requires that all authors always include a full acknowledgement and, if appropriate, a link to the final published version hosted on Journal of Comparative Madhahib and Thought online platform.
For commercial use, authors and readers need the publisher's agreement and consent. Please contact the editors for licensing for commercial purpose.
Copyright Transfer Agreement
The authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to the Sunan Ampel State Islamic University Surabaya as the publisher. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal rights to publish the manuscript and its related materials, such illustration, maps, images, and charts.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms, and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases, and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with a written permission from the Teosofi: Jurnal Tasawuf dan Pemikiran Islam.
Journal of Comparative Madhahib and Thought, the Editors, and the Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions, or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the journal are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Journal of Comparative Madhahib and Thought is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.